Using the SIIG USB Video Capture Device
To use the SIIG USB Video Capture Device in Debut on OS X:
- Download the latest echoFX VideoGlide driver and software from http://www.echofx.com/videoglide.html.
- Double click the downloaded DMG file (e.g., VideoGlide OS X 1.5.1.dmg). The VideoGlide disk image will then appear in Finder.
- Go to the mounted VideoGlide disk image in Finder. Double click the installer package (e.g., VideoGlide OS X 1.5.1.pkg).
- Follow the installation instructions and enter the admin password when prompted. Restart the computer after installation finishes.
- After restart, connect the USB Video/Audio Capture device to the computer.
- Launch VideoGlide Capture, located in /Applications/VideoGlide folder. Enter the serial number (located on the sleeve of the capture device driver CD) when prompted.
- Quit VideoGlide Capture.
- Launch Debut (normally located in /Applications).
- Press the Preferences toolbar icon. Select Webcam / Capture Device.
- Press the Name up-down menu then select S-Video. This selects the USB Video/Audio Capture device as the video source.
- Enable Capture sound.
- Press the Name up-down menu then select USB xxxx Device, where xxxx is a 4 digit number. This selects the USB Video/Audio Capture device as the audio source.
- Press OK. The capture device can now be used for recording.
Note: Captured sound from the USB device cannot be heard from the computer's speakers while previewing or recording. Debut's volume meter, beside the snapshot button, can be used to gauge the level of sound input.
Back to Debut Video Capture Software Technical Support