FlashLynx Video Download Software Versions
To find out what version of the software you are currently using, click Help on the menu bar at the top of the program's window (not the Help button on the toolbar), and then click "About FlashLynx Video Download Software".
Please be aware if you purchased more than 3 months ago you may need to purchase an upgrade to use the current version. For upgrade pricing go to http://www.nch.com.au/upgrade/index.html with your old registration ID number and Key.
If you want to try the current version with the option to restore your older version, please backup your Program Files sub folder containing the software for Windows, or copy the app from your Applications folder to a backup location for Mac OS
Click the appropriate button to download the latest version of this software:
Build Version Logs Follow:
- Updated components for video sites
- Improved Help documentation
- Fixed problem can't sort downloads
- Fixed Preview player does not work for any file
- Improved conversion from Youtube to .avi
- Uploaded 2012-06-26
- Added choice of low or high definition download to the Options dialog
- Added "Save this URL" option to Add URL dialog
- Added method to extract watched videos from browser cache (on Tools menu)
- Added notification to user that certain content is restricted due to copyright
- Added "..." to toolbar buttons that open windows with more options
- Changed to remove ad clips as first item on every list for each YouTube category
- Changed Toolbar length
- Fixed bug with component updating due to version information stored in Registry
- Fixed text layout in Add URL dialog
- Fixed several preview issues
- Fixed incorrect URL saving in 'Scheduler'
- Fixed YouTube searches and downloads
- Fixed MySpace and Google Video downloading
- Fixed trace files appear periodically in production version (should only be produced by diagnostic versions of FlashLynx)
- Fixed missing title on the 'Manage Current Downloads' dialog
- Fixed sorting by 'Duration' and 'Size'
- Fixed retrieval of video from flash sites
- Replaced previous flash player with native FLV player
- Uploaded 2010-04-12
- Fixed AVI encoder options opening as part of the main window instead of in a separate dialog window
- Fixed failure to download some YouTube videos
- Fixed bug with saving of Input Video URL by Scheduler (was saving URLs as "h")
- Uploaded 2009-08-31
- Fixed connection to YouTube, which wasn't working
- Uploaded 2009-08-14
- Added display of warning message before application closes if files are still downloading
- Changed filelist's Duration column to show "N/A" instead of "00:00" if duration information is not available
- Changed the Duration and Size columns in filelist from left-alignment to right-alignment
- Fixed validation of maximum tasks inputs in Options ~ General to prevent the acceptance of character (non-numeric) data for these numeric data fields
- Fixed spelling errors in Options ~ General
- Fixed searching by keywords, which was only displaying the first page of results from a site
- Fixed FlashLynx not working with the Firefox browser's flash plugin
- Fixed error in Watermark section of Help files
- Uploaded 2009-08-13
- Added "Find related videos" option to filelist right-click menu
- Added devices to the "Download As" drop-down menu, and aligned the text
- Added search activation by double clicking category or filter in left panel of main window
- Added search by keywords functionality to the 'Search Video' dialog.
- Changed the preview image
- Changed Download and play (Preview) buttons
- Fixed "Downloading error" with YouTube downloads
- Fixed inoperative "Reload file information" item on 'File' menu.
- Fixed inability to just download a file without converting it.
- Fixed toolbar resizing issue on video download window
- Fixed regular Vista user's inability to change Flashlynx autorun option
- Fixed alignment of video title and description text
- Fixed identical tooltips text on "Downloading" and "Downloaded" buttons.
- Fixed FlashLynx Professional's inability to export video to formats other than AVI / WMV / FLV, or to watermark videos, after end of 14-day trial
- Fixed sorting of files by double clicking on column headings
- Fixed invalid characters causing download conversion to fail
- Fixed several issues with Help content and access
- Uploaded 2009-07-01
- Fixed YouTube download problems
- Fixed redraw issue with filelist after window is resized or moved
- Fixed bug in Scheduler causing it to download an unexpectedly large number of files from specified UR
- Uploaded 2009-06-18
- Updated to match Youtube's web engine changes (optimized by size)
- Uploaded 2008-10-01
- Changed Help, which was still referring to the old StreamVCR name instead of to FlashLynx
- Fixed link to Help from the Options dialog
- Uploaded 2008-09-25
- "Add URL" feature improved:
- Option to show "related videos" when adding a link to YouTube video
- Should be able to extract YouTube videos from non-YouTube pages such as blogs, etc.
- Uploaded 2008-09-22
- Fixed synchronization issue when converting to avi + PCM codec with 32,24,8 bit sound format.
- Fixed inoperative Help in Scheduler dialog
- Uploaded 2008-09-15